Assistant Curator/Registrar, The First church of Christ Scientist / Christian Science Publishing Society, Boston, MA
QUAL: A degree in history or fine arts and or experience in working with archival and artifact management is necessary. Experience in archives describing, appraising and arranging is useful. Knowledge/Skills
- Capable of being flexible and working both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and act with initiative and good judgment.
- The candidate must be computer literate and have the skills to utilize and understand collections management software and records management databases for the Organizational Archives.
- Familiarity with accepted preservation methods applied to archival and artifact collections with sensitivity to proper care and handling of collections.
- Ability to communicate with precision and clarity in both written and verbal forms.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work as a team player is essential. Technology Skills Comfortable inputting data into the database, able to search the database and can assist users in their use of the system. A broad knowledge of technologies applicable to records management, archives, and libraries will be most helpful. Practical experience using Word, Excel, and Access is desired. Work Environment This position regularly works in an office environment, but on occasion could be asked to assist in a warehouse environment. Physical Requirements The incumbent must be able to lift 30 to 40 pound boxes, climb stairs and ladders and handle the physical requirements of moving materials within repository areas. This position requires signing of a confidentiality and non-disclosure agreement.
- Evaluates and processes records from the Field, in particular those records for disbanded branch churches.
- Liaises with the staff of the MBEL, in particular the Archivist of the MBEL, to create finding aids with which to make portions of the collections open to the public.
- Assists the Curator/Registrar of ORM in developing and reviewing appropriate collection and access policies, and processing guidelines
- Assists the Curator/Registrar with:
- Communication with the Field regarding records
- Re-housing the collections as necessary o Researching and processing incoming donations
- Assists in regular inventories and controls of the artifact collection in the Organizational Archives of The Mother Church, ensuring that items are properly maintained, stored and catalogued.
- Assists with the coordination and arrangement of the annual archival binding project.
- As requested, and under the direction of the Curator/Registrar, assists Records Management Analyst with records management program of The Mother Church; Records Administrator with records center projects; and the Manager of ORM with research; reporting and projects.
SALARY: Not stated.
TO APPLY: https://www4.recruitingcenter.net/Clients/tfccs/PublicJobs/controller.cfm?jbaction=JobProfile&Job_Id=10018&esid=az to submit an application online.
DEADLINE: Not stated.