- Knowledge of library best practices
- Solid knowledge of internet and of reference materials in a variety of formats.
- Ability to develop and maintain good public relations.
- Knowledge of current and classic materials for youth.
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team.
- Library degree preferred; a suitable combination of education and experience also considered.
- Minimum of 2 years in a public library setting.
- Experience with Children’s and Young Adult collections
- With other staff, develops and presents a variety of library programs for young adults and children Provides reference and readers’ advisory services to parents and youth.
- Creates displays to highlight collections or services.
- Develops and maintains youth collections through material selection and weeding.
- Engages in professional development through reading, workshops and library seminars and conferences.
- Performs or assigns other duties as needed.
SALARY: $13.50 – 14.80
Attn: Myra Emmons
PO Box 157
Brookline, NH 03033
DEADLINE: Open until filled.