1. MLS from ALA-accredited library school, must be awarded by May 2012; academic library or post-secondary teaching experience preferred.
2. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, web editing software, experience using Sirsi ILS software, and image editing software such as Photoshop preferred.
3. Ability to integrate electronic information into all aspects of reference and library instruction services and have a strong familiarty with academic resources.
4. Interest in working with patrons in one-on-one and group situations.
5. Strong personal service philosophy and solid interpersonal and communication skills.
6. Desire to share the varied workload of a small college in a team atmosphere.
7. Ability to carry 25 lbs 200 yards.
Duties: The Public Services Librarian will champion information literacy improvements on campus through a combination of creativity- and data-driven decisions. We are looking for someone to lead a small team of librarians in providing bibligraphic instruction and outreach and be responsible for developing effective strategies for enhancing and accessing our reference services. This position requires project planning skills as well as the ability to work independently.
1. Supervise all aspects of circulation, including policies, assessment and report writing.
2. Coordinate information literacy instruction including scheduling, teaching, and assessment.
3. Develop structure and content for some library webpages, including course-specific resource pages and a library news feed.
4. Manage library social media presence.
5. Implement our pilot faculty-liaison programming.
6. Create educationally and institutionally relevant programming and events.
7. Identify ways to improve the user experience.
8. Use print and electronic resources to assist patrons with reference help.
9. Coordination and assessment of reference.
10. Share evening and weekend hours.
11. Other duties as assigned.
SALARY: Not stated.
TO APPLY: Submit a letter of intent, resume, and contact information for three professional references to:
Director of Human Resources
Paul Smith’s College
PO Box 265
Paul Smiths, NY 12970.
Application materials may be faxed to 518-327-6161 or emailed in Word format to email@example.com