The Library GIS Specialist and Systems Administrator:
- Works with Team Lead for Information Management & Metadata Services and various members of IT staff to migrate existing GIS data index to a full-fledged GIS data repository.
- Assists laboratory research community with access and utilization of GIS repository.
- Participates in Geodata repository data evaluation, metadata creation, data loading and troubleshooting of data loading.
- Provides systems administration function for all library-based servers.
- Collaborates and coordinates with IT support personnel (desktop technicians, systems administrators, developers, etc.) regarding library systems related initiatives.
- Works closely with library catalog administrator & digital archivist to ensure their systems are well-maintained, secure, and efficient.
- With the Information Management & Metadata Services staff, explores opportunities to improve library services using new technologies.
- BA/BS in computer science or a related field or equivalent combination of education and training required.
- Masters in Library or Information Science preferred.
- 4 -6 years IT experience in a library setting experience required.
- Demonstrated experience with GIS repositories and applications, e.g. the ESRI suite of GIS software, as well as experience and knowledge of current best practices in GIS repositories.
- Demonstrated system administration experience
- Knowledge of languages, platforms, and servers such as Linux, Apache, Tomcat, PHP, Perl, Java, XML/XSLT.
- Demonstrated experience with relational databases such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, & MySQL.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with library catalog systems or archival digital repositories (preferred).
- Experience with Drupal CMS (preferred).
- Experience with PFPS Falconview (preferred).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance required.
Due to security constraints, this position requires proof of US citizenship.
Apply online here.