The Childrens Program Librarian is a part time (approximately 14.75 hrs. week) professional level position responsible for performing library services specific to the library population of children aged infancy and up, as well as adults and agencies serving children. These services include design and implementation of childrens programming, administrative duties relevant to budget control, records maintenance and management of monthly/ seasonal theme initiatives, outreach services, and collaborative work with the Childrens Collection Librarian on story time classes and associated programs. Through these duties, the Childrens Program Librarian communicates the value and richness of reading and the use of other library materials to the children and families of the community.
* Ability to give friendly, helpful service to children and families of all kinds.
* Ability to communicate effectively with patrons and staff.
* Requires a working knowledge of the principals and practices of professional library work and youth services in particular.
* Requires sound judgment, initiative, tact and courtesy, attention to detail, and the ability to work as a team with a small staff, making adjustments to best meet the needs of the patrons.
* Requires a thorough knowledge of childrens literature and appropriate techniques for working with children.
* Must be able to work 1-2 Saturdays month.
* Requires ability to use appropriate technology and willingness to enhance technology skills to be in line with professional standards.
Candidates to the position of Children’s Program Librarian must possess the following qualifications: – Bachelor’s degree in Library Science, Child Development, Education or related field from an accredited college or university- experience working in a library, preferably with supervisory experience – Working knowledge of library practices and procedures OR – Any equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates possession of the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities.
For full job description please visit: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-go0VXgyT6nTDhWeW1fX0FSNDQ
Send resume and/or questions to Sarah Sycz Jaworski, firstname.lastname@example.org, 169 Main St Kingston, NH 03848. No phone calls please. Application deadline: April 27, 2012.