Head of University Archives and Co-Director of University Digital Conservancy, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
The University Archivist has responsibility by University Regents’ policy to collect and preserve the record of University activity. The Archivist fosters collaborations within the University and actively seeks external partnerships to support and further the mission and activities of the archives, the Libraries, and the University.
The UDC serves as the institutional digital repository and as a repository for key subject collections. Key responsibilities of the position include engaging with faculty and graduate students as partners in integrating special collections and archival research and methods into the curriculum; actively seeking administrative, college and departmental, and faculty records; developing policies and tools for UDC ingest and setting long-term goals and priorities for preservation and access to digital content; and supervising staff and students. The successful candidate will be deeply engaged in achieving department goals and furthering Libraries’ strategic directions; and will contribute to the profession through scholarship and service while working toward continuous appointment.
– ALA-accredited Masters degree in Library/Information Science or an advanced degree with relevant experience
– Background or training in archival practices
– Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
– Ability to work effectively both independently and in cooperation with colleagues in a service-oriented, collaborative environment
– Demonstrated creativity, initiative, self-direction, and innovative thinking
– Flexibility and openness to change
– Demonstrated understanding of pedagogy and educational practices, and emerging library service models
– Facility in use of technology
– Knowledge of university organizational structures
– Experience in developing working partnerships with academic departments and other campus communities
– Evidence of successful and creative management of staff and operations, including the fostering of staff professional development and growth
– Experience with developing digital collections
– Experience with assessing the effectiveness of library collections and services
– Demonstrated creative approaches to promoting library services
– Record of professional contribution
– Experience in grants development and fund-raising activities.
View full job description and apply online here.