Open Learning Exchange (OLE) is a social benefit organization dedicated to achieving quality basic education for children worldwide. One of our innovative educational tools is the Basic eLearning Library (BeLL), a digital repository of high-quality and adaptable Open Educational Resources (OER). This collection increases access to customizable learning materials for students and teachers in the developing world, thus providing marginalized schools with a rich digital repository of educational resources.
We are currently seeking a dynamic summer intern to work as our Digital Library Content Coordinator, taking the lead in increasing the high-quality digital OER in the Basic eLearning Library. The ideal candidate will be a motivated and organized self-starter who is committed to OLE’s mission of guaranteeing every community the capacity to assure quality learning for all of its children.
Please note that this is an unpaid internship. However, it will translate to excellent real-world experience for your résumé!
- Identify, collect, and categorize high-quality OER for basic literacy and numeracy.
- Prepare digital content to be uploaded into the library.
- Upload digital content and organize it within the library.
- Identify and liaise with organizations that might be willing to offer quality educational content for use in the digital library.
- Excitement for OLE’s vision of achieving quality universal basic education.
- Experience working with digital libraries.
- Ability to assess learning materials and to determine the most high-quality resources for literacy and numeracy.
- Reliability and motivation, with a passion for learning and the OER movement, which seeks to drastically increase access to free and adaptable learning materials.
- Availability to intern between 10-35 hours per week at our Cambridge location or remotely.
- Graduate student in Library and Information Sciences or Elementary Education with a focus on literacy.
- Experience managing digital libraries.
To apply for this internship, please contact:
Dr. Christy Danelle Di Frances – firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Learning Exchange
One Broadway / Cambridge, MA 02142 * +1.617.401.2300 * www.ole.org