Closes: Open Until Filled
Full Salary Range: $7,819 to $10,750/month, 40 hrs/wk, plus benefits
Applications received by July 16, 2012 will have first considerations.
The Administrative Services Director is responsible for the business, financial, and accounting operations of the two-county Library District. The position will serve as a Change Agent to direct the financial and accounting operations toward the most current and sophisticated methods of conducting business. The position directs a six- member team and reports to the Library Director.
The ideal candidate is an experienced finance professional who will possess the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of financial and accounting functions: financial policy, auditing processes, monitoring cash flow, managing investments, payroll;
- Knowledge of accounting processes and procedures: selecting and implementing accounting software, providing financial reports, tracking fixed assets, coordinating with the County Treasurer and State Auditor, and procuring equipment and capital assets;
- Well-developed supervisory and management skill;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and high integrity and ethical standards;
- Ability to persuade, negotiate and lead others;
- Ability to be flexible and responsive under changing conditions, comfortable with ambiguity;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Skill in project development and management; proven ability to function effectively under pressure and follow tasks through to completion and on time;
- Proven ability to develop complex programs, policies and services;
- Knowledge of budget development, monitoring, and forecasting;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Proven track record of working cooperatively with the public and co-workers.
These skills and abilities typically are acquired through a combination of experience and education including a bachelor’s or advanced degree in business, public administration, or a related field. Professional certification such as CPA is preferred.
Minimum of five years of experience in business or public administration, including five years supervisory or management experience leading a related function and advising senior management regarding strategic planning and compliance.
Apply online at www.sno-isle.org/employment.