The Metadata Administrator provides support to a team of senior level metadata managers. This individual serves as an assistant who directly handles the administration functions associated with cataloging resources and presenting the content on the EY Home Page.
Reviewing resources for inclusion in or removal from EY Internal environment
- Assist with identification of resources that need to be cataloged for new portal deployments (portal spreadsheet analysis)
- Send out and follow up on catalog information request forms and create preliminary entries for new resources
- Review requests to create new web links for the EY Intranet environment and create preliminary entries
- Review internal web site deployment requests, create a weekly report of all sites reviewed, contact owner to request cataloging information for any site that meets knowledge criteria
- Review existing links to internal and external web sites for currency and validity, make required updates and remove outdated links
- Remove catalog records that represent archived or deleted resources and update related information in all associated tools
- Maintain spreadsheet of deleted catalog entries and distribute daily and monthly deletion reports
EY Intranet support (Landing Page/Portal Support)
- Place resources on and remove resources from portal tabs as directed
EY Intranet support (Search)
- Assist with the analysis of search logs to identify enhancements to the EY Professionals recommend program
EY Intranet support (Metrics)
- Assist with the creation of usage metrics
Data Migration Project
- Provide ongoing assistance in the management of the final disposition of the knowledge resources identified.
The incumbent of this position must have:
- 3-5 years of related experience in a knowledge environment i.e. library either public or private, content management, business research and/.or
- Educational background with library administration an asset.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (including oral and written communication), exercising diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent administrative skills and strong focus on attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills demonstrating the ability to use own initiative and work independently.
- Highly motivated, proactive and enthusiastic team player.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment demonstrating the ability to follow-up and follow through.
- Proficiency with Windows MS Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Lotus Notes, Internet and Intranet technology.
To apply to the role candidates should go to http://www.ey.com/US/en/Careers and enter job number BOS000T3