Stonehill is a selective Catholic college located near Boston on a beautiful 384-acre campus in Easton, Massachusetts. With a student to faculty ratio of 13:1, the College engages 2,500 students in 84 rigorous academic programs in the liberal arts, sciences, and pre-professional fields. The Stonehill community helps students to develop the knowledge, skills, and character to meet their professional goals and to live lives of purpose and integrity.
The MacPhaidin Library seeks candidates for part-time, Academic Year, Circulation Assistants positions to provide service to patrons during overnight hours. The following positions are available:
- Monday & Tuesday – 1:00 A.M. to 8:00 A.M. – 13 HOURS /32 WEEKS
- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday – 1:00 A.M. to 8:00 A.M. – 19.5 HOURS/32 WEEKS
- Sunday & Monday – 10:00 P.M. to 6:00 A.M. – 14 HOURS/32 WEEKS
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday -10:00 P.M. to 6:00 A.M. – 21 HOURS/32 WEEKS
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer access and loan policies
- Use Library system to perform all Circulation functions.
- Provide basic reference assistance using online databases and print materials.
- Assist students in use of printers and scanners; perform routine maintenance on printers.
- Provide basic troubleshooting assistance for wireless, wired networks, desktop computers.
- Track all transactions for statistical purposes.
- Maintain security of the library by walk-throughs, checking IDs, contact with Campus Police. Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills. Bachelor’s degree or 1-2 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have ability to read, write, listen and speak English.
- Familiarity with Windows computers is necessary.
- Dependability, punctuality and reliability to meet the schedule is essential.
- Requires great attention to detail, accuracy and self- initiative.
- Must be extremely responsible and feel comfortable handling money.
- Physical ability to frequently shelve, reach, lift and carry books also required.
Academic year positions only – no regularly scheduled work during school breaks.
Candidates should submit resume to:
Stonehill College Human Resources Department
320 Washington Street
Easton, MA 02357
Fax to: (508) 565-1499
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants who will enrich the diversity of the campus community are strongly encouraged to apply.