Iowa State University is accepting applications for the 2013 Lennox Foundation Preservation and Conservation Internship. This twelve (12) week internship is intended to give current graduate students and recent graduates of preservation and/or conservation programs the opportunity to apply their skills and knowledge of care and treatment of library and archives materials in an academic library. Interns will learn about the overall functioning and organization of the Preservation Department and will undertake and complete a project based on their interests and skills, and the needs and capabilities of the Department.
Eligibility and requirements:
• Applicants must currently be graduate students, in good standing, in a program of library and archives preservation administration or conservation; or a recent graduate of such a program;
• Applicants must have completed at least four preservation or conservation courses before the anticipated start date of this internship;
• Applicants must commit to 12 consecutive weeks of full-time employment as interns;
• Internship must be completed within the calendar year;
• At the end of the internship, the intern will be required to submit a final report or project;
• Applicants must have student or working visas if not U.S. citizens.
The 2013 Lennox Foundation Internship provides a $3,200 stipend, travel expenses to and from Ames, and housing expenses.
For more information see:
To apply for the Lennox Foundation Preservation and Conservation Internship please submit the following items: cover letter; current resume; contact information for two professional references (include address, phone number and e-mail address); statement of interest (include projects of interest); graduate program description including requirements and course descriptions (indicate the classes you have completed).
Deadline for application is January 17, 2013
Submit these items to:
Lennox Foundation Internship
Iowa State University
441 Parks Library
Ames, IA 50011-2140
Send electronic applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org