Provide intermediate problem-solving assistance and advanced problem referrals to Reference and other specialized staff.
Reports to: Library Commons Librarian for Technology and Access
1. Assist library patrons in their needs concerning hardware, software, research, printing, processing, formatting, product creation, Web/E-mail communications, digitization, etc., especially from the public service desks. Provide intermediate problem solving help and advanced problem referrals to research and other specialized staff. Requires the facility to assist users with technology needs of varying complexities.
2. Assist library administration and commons staff, including public service staff (research, circulation, stacks maintenance, digital services, etc.) collections services staff, and special collections, as needed, including coordinating the interlibrary loan/ILL work of Library Commons Assistants and supervising Student Commons Assistant work. Assist in the development and implementation of a work/study training program for Student Commons Assistants.
3. Share coordination of ILL processing, including PC, HELIN, and outside requests using various commercial and/or open source library software systems.
4. Perform basic and intermediate computer functions including managing databases; creating, analyzing, and integrating spreadsheets; creating mail and envelope merges; and the ability to import graphics and other information into a document.
1. Answer phone, greet and direct visitors to appropriate areas or persons.
2. Organize and maintain calendars, schedules, filing systems, and records that may include confidential information.
3. Produce correspondence and documentation through typing, word processing, formatting, use of charts, graphs and other visuals, collating, photocopying, binding, etc., according to the standards of the department and the College; proofread for content, language, and grammar.
4. Operate and perform intermediate troubleshooting for fax, copy, printer and scanner machines such as removing jammed paper, adding toner, one-on-one or small group equipment training and calling for service and supplies.
5. Perform all other duties as may be required.
Education and Experience Required: High school education or equivalent, some college preferred.
Three to five years library experience or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience preferred.
Experience with HELIN and/or Innovative Interfaces, Inc., or similar IL System preferred.
Excellent interpersonal and telephone skills and the ability to work confidentially with students.
Posting Date: 09-14-2012
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Required Applicant Documents: Resume, Cover Letter
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply online, please go to:
Click on Support Positions, then click on View-Library Commons Assistant II.