SCOPE OF WORK: Responsible for developing, implementing, and coordinating a comprehensive, state of the art program of library services. Oversees information literacy efforts. Performs administrative, supervisory and instructional duties to ensure learning resource needs of MCC students and faculty; supervises library personnel and coordinates programming to collaborate with the community at large. This position reports to the Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs at Manchester Community College.
• Provides vision and strategic direction for library services consistent with the College’s mission and vision.
• Plan and supervise outreach to the students, faculty and staff coordinate and promote comprehensive learning resource support for all curricula areas of the college.
• Assures that the library’s materials, programs, and services meet the evolving needs of the community it serves. Develop new or revise systems, procedures and workflow based on the annual assessment of the effectiveness of library services and resources.
• Anticipates the evolution of academic programming and ensures appropriate library resources.
• Assures flexible and equitable access to physical and virtual collections of resources that support meet the diverse needs of all learners.
• Engage faculty to assist in developing programs and resources appropriate to the college
and local communities; supervise outreach to promote these programs and resources.
• Participate in the appropriate library consortia to enhance services and resources. Develops contacts, contracts and agreements with external agencies to provide access to externally available databases, learning resources and bibliographical services.
• Oversees the integration of current technologies in all library services and resources.
• Develops and supervises the budget to ensure consistency with the library’s strategic plan and annual assessment activities.
• Maintains and enhances the library website.
• Stays current with new professional techniques and current trends in library services and resources.
• Seeks additional funding sources for library services and resources through grants, donations, etc.
• Supervises library professional and student staff.
• Conducts formal and informal instruction in the area of research format and research procedures.
• Integrates American Library Association standards wherever possible.
• Participates in various staff development activities and professional organizations; attends conferences and workshops in order to remain current within the profession.
• Complies with all college, system, state and federal rules and regulations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education: Possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major study in Library Science, from an ALA accredited institution, including coursework in Educational Media and Technology. Each additional year of approved formal education may be substituted for one year of required work experience.
Experience: Four years’ experience in professional library work in a higher education institution.
RECOMMENDED WORK TRAITS: Knowledge of modern library organization, procedure, policy, aims and services. Knowledge of up-to-date applications of information technology. Skill in developing and monitoring library automation and library information systems. Ability to coordinate workflow within the library, and to train and supervise library staff. Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with subordinates, professional and non-professional employees as well as with the student body. Must be willing to maintain appearance appropriate to assigned duties and responsibilities as determined by the college’s appointing authority.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and State of NH application to the Director of Human Resources, Alicia Cutting (firstname.lastname@example.org).