When: January 28, 2011, 5:40 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Where: GSLIS Student Lounge
Attendees: SCoSAA officers (Stacie Williams, Derek Mosley, Abraham Miller); Ross Harvey, Kathy Wisser, Andrew Flinn; roughly 30 other attendees.
Recorded by: Abraham Miller
- Call to Order
- Introduction of Officers and Faculty
- Andrew Flinn is a visiting faculty member, focusing on Archives and Oral History
- Flinn is giving a talk on 31 March 2011
- Special Elections for new SCoSAA webmaster
- Nominating for the position via SurveyMonkey
- Floor was opened for nominations and then directed to SurveyMonkey
- Email to be sent out with link to elections
- Spotlight on Professional Development through LISSA
- Students can get back 75% of costs for conferences, memberships, etc.
- Form A is due to the LISSA Treasurer by 11 February 2011
- Upcoming Conferences
- NEA Spring Meeting: April 1-2, 2011, Brown University, Providence, R.I.
- SAA Annual Meeting: August 22-27, 2011, Chicago, Ill.
- Upcoming Events
- LISSA GSLIS Trivia Night: 4 February 2011 at the Bell in Hand, Boston.
- NEA/SCoSAA Job Shadow Program
- Registration begins in late February/March
- Placements will begin in March
- If students enroll in the program, it is the responsibility of the student to be in contact with the archivist in terms of scheduling and changes in scheduling once the student is placed
- Now is the time to begin applying for Summer Internships
- Now is the time to be applying for scholarships
- Other events to be announced
- Call for Volunteers to become SCoSAA board members
- Current board is graduating at the end of the term
- Elections will be held at the end of the Spring