Objects on Page 21:
- Program, "Disraeli," Plymouth Theatre This peach and blue "souvenir of the play" from the Plymouth Theater depicts an elegant woman with opera glasses in an advertisement for "Djer-Kiss" perfume. It is approximately 21 cm tall by 14 cm wide.
- Envelope for birth announcement, Ray Peterson Jr. Envelope addressed to Miss Olive Ruby, #86 Belleme St. Boston, MA. The date stamp says Syracuse, N.Y. October 30 11:30 PM 1912. It also contains a 2 cent stamp with the profile of George Washington. The envelope is approximately 9 cm wide by 8 cm tall.
- Letter, from Sister Miriam to Olive This typewritten letter to Olive from "Sister Miriam" measures approximately 16 cm wide by 20 cm high and reads: "Dear Olive, Paul said that I could write on the typewrite this eveing , so I thought I would write to you, I like to write on it very well it is a lot of fun don't you think so. I received your sugar that you sent me and half of it was gone, one box was filled and the other was all out. And Ithank you ever so much. I have not very much to say but I thought you wouldlike to hear from me. Walter came home today and to_day is tuesday night. Day after tomorrow is hollewn night and papa gave Howard a jacklantern and Howard has cut his out and it looks pretty good, he gave me a pumpkin but I haue not cut mine out yet, This is the first time I have ever writtean on this so if you find any mistakes dont blame me. I am getting along all right and hope you are getting along all right too. It is getting so late know that i will have to leavethis letter and write a longer letter some othert time. Howard wants to write on the type-writer now sothere will be another excuse for stopping. Good-night, Love to all, Sister Miriam."
- Calling card, "Olive Ruby" with painted leaf This Olive Ruby calling card with painted autumn maple leaf measures approximately 5 cm wide by 8.5 cm high.
- Program, "The fascinating widow," Boston Theatre This is a flyer program for "The Fascinating Widow" at the Boston Theater. "Julian Eltinge In the Somewhat Different Comedy, With Music, in Three Acts Written for Laughing Purposes Only." The program measures approximately 27 cm high by 15 cm wide.
- Tag, "Poodin and pie" A tag which says "Poodin + Pie" and measures approximately 3 cm tall by 8 cm wide.
The Olive Ruby Henty Scrapbook is comprised of text and images drawn from the Olive Ruby Henty Collection at the Simmons College Archives. The materials are owned by the Archives and may be used for private research and teaching purposes only. Any requests to copy or publicly distribute the material should be directed to the Simmons College Archives.