Objects on Page 35:
- Program, "Ruddygore" A three page program approximately 23 cm tall and 15 cm wide with black ink on a white background. The text has a thin black border leaving a quarter inch margin around the edge of the paper. Centered at the top of the cover is the title of the play, "Ruddygore"; beneath that is the information about the company performing. Inside the cover, the title is written again (with authorship). A note on when and where the production will take place, the directors of the production, and a "Synopsis of Scenery" for both Act I and II are also typed on the inside of the cover. The third page is a listing of "Dramatis Personae" with 17 roles under the heading "Mortals," 12 members of the "Chorus of Bridesmaids" and 11 members of the "Chorus of Gentry."
- Dance card, Minstrel show dance A small cardboard card dance card approximately 12 cm tall and 5 cm wide. Printed in blue ink at the center top is the title "Minstrel Show Dance," and beneath that extending three quarters down the card are 12 separate areas for signatures, each with the word "Boston" written underneath. The bottom quarter is titled "Extras" and includes an additional four spaces. Handwritten in black is the name "Olive" at the very top of the card. In the same ink, 8 of the 12 Boston spaces have names written on them, 4 have little x's and 3 of the four extra spaces have names with one small x in the remaining space.
- Card, "Olive Ruby," with drawing of flower A green rectangular card, approximately 5 cm tall and 9 cm wide, with a white and blue drawing of two petals of a flower on the left side and the name "Olive Ruby" written in light blue ink on the right side. The far right area is faded brown.
- Blank notecard with Dartmouth College seal Light brown note card with Dartmouth College seal printed on the center of the cover in green ink. The note card is approximately 11 cm tall and 8 cm wide.
- Song lyrics A long rectangular piece of paper, approximately 23 cm wide and 4 cm tall, with the following song lyrics typed on it: "Tune,--I've been working on the Railroad./We've been working for a long time--Working ev'ry day/We've been working all our friends, to/Buy a ticket for the play./And you know we're very grateful--Lend a hand's all right/Can't you see we liked your songs,--And we're thinking of you tonight?"
The Olive Ruby Henty Scrapbook is comprised of text and images drawn from the Olive Ruby Henty Collection at the Simmons College Archives. The materials are owned by the Archives and may be used for private research and teaching purposes only. Any requests to copy or publicly distribute the material should be directed to the Simmons College Archives.